Saturday, March 28, 2009

LOST is my Binky

LOST has been so damn comforting…oddly enough. Back in December (a mere 1 month before the break-up) I was watching tv and stumbled upon an episode of LOST and was immediately sucked in. This must have been some 4th season repeat and I had no idea what was going on, having never seen it before, but that didn’t matter. It was so involved and consuming. Ahh…consuming. It focused my mind on something other than my unhappiness at that time. I searched for it online and started watching from the very beginning, Season 1 Episode 1.

After many a tearful confrontation, I would immediately grab my laptop, lie in bed and watch episode after episode. It took me out of my soul crushing agony and fixated my concentration. And now it pacifies me when I’m feeling down or distraught or can’t stop thinking unpleasant things.

LOST is my binky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails