Monday, March 9, 2009

Celebrating a minor accomplishment

Doing yoga again was difficult and a little awkward at first. But as I walked out of class, I felt this wave of feeling relaxed and also very proud of myself for what I had accomplished. I set out to do something for myself and I did it. It's a small accomplishment, but right now it's a big deal.

It's invigorated me and I can't stop feeling warm and smiley. It's a surprise. I haven't felt so smiley lately. It's lifted my spirits and made things so much lighter.

For a moment as I walked down the street I felt good, free, and comfortable in my own skin again. And at that moment, I caught a glimpse of what it might feel like to be on the other side of all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails