Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wise Words (Part 3)


I say:
can i ask you something?

My BFF says:
of course

I say:
i keep wondering if i should email him for Christmas...or do you think he might email me?
what if he does/what if he doesnt... it's a pickle
bleh.... [insert barfing emoticon here]


My BFF says:
hmmm....
okay, i'm going to play the "Don't waste your time thinking about him" card in Breakup-opoly here


I say:
nice one... :)

My BFF says:
dont waste your time, mister sister

I say:
ok ok
LOL
mister sister


My BFF says:
that always makes me laugh

I say:
you're just on a roll over there

My BFF says:
Carrie said that on SATC

I say:
oh yeah!
thats where i heard that


My BFF says:
it made me laugh then and it makes me laugh now :)

So true, friends.

The "Don't Waste Your Time Thinking About Him" card from the fast-paced, harrowing, wacky game of Breakup-oploy: Your friends and family can pull this out whenever you start to obsess, perseverate, or just plain drive them crazy.

Dear Followers, I think we could all use this card when we are trying (albeit sometimes unsuccessfully) to let go, don't you think?

Photo by therichbrooks

6 comments:

  1. Yup! That's the mindset. Deceptively simple but there is a lot of wisdom behind it. :)

    Santaslil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see if my BFF had pulled that card out instead of being an evil wench, we would still be talking. Not for the first time, I think your friend is awesome. I love the Breakupopoloy idea! Do you get £200 when you pass Go? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I guess not only texting with my ex in the days leading up to Christmas, and then allowing him to sleep over because he had no heat (first time I saw him in 5 months...) and then inevitably sleeping with him was NOT what you'd have recommended. haha

    Smart? No! Emotionally Devestating? No! I guess I moved on a lot more than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: I'm happy to hear that you feel like you've moved on! Thats a really positive thing to come out of it. That must feel pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rules: Thank you! I think my BFF is pretty awesome too. : ) She's a smart one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its definitely not an easy thing to do and it doesn't always seem like the right thing to do either. But its better than being stuck waiting for a response or dealing with a response that isnt exactly what you wanted to hear, you know? Thanks for your note. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails